Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Pray harder, Sonny

From the Associated Press:

With a historic drought gripping the Southeast, Georgia farmers are increasingly worried that their needs will be sacrificed to those of Atlanta _ a city of runaway growth and seemingly unquenchable thirst _ or water-guzzling Florida.

"Atlanta needs to take a hard look at what's happening in the metro area," said Bubba Johnson, a 68-year-old farmer who grows cotton and corn on a 500-acre plot. "There's going to be a heck of a battle if they try to come down here to get the water."

Forget it, Jake...it's Chinatown.

2 comments:

Mike_in_OKC said...

Ivan, Just wanted to say that your move to Blogger has been SO MUCH BETTER for reading your posts in my RSS feed reader. All the way around, the blog looks better and I think it even shows in your writing! It was a good move, indeed.

Ivan G. Shreve, Jr. said...

Mike: Many thanks for the kind words you've sent my way, and I just wanted to let you know that your check is in the mail.

All seriousness aside, I'm glad you like the new look of the blog (I'm pretty jazzed about it myself)...though it wasn't so much a good move as a necessary one. Thanks again for encouraging my behavior.