Monday, November 26, 2007

Sull-IVAN's Travels

Once again, Project Clutter took up most of my spare time I'll resort to what so many other bloggers do and link to better posts than what you can read here.

Jaime Weinman at TV Guidance has a nice obit up for Mel Tolkin, one-time head writer for Sid Caesar's Your Show of Shows (and Caesar's Hour), who's gone to his rich reward at the age of 94. R.I.P. to one of classic television's great comedy scribes.

And Stacia at She Blogged by Night (love that title, by the way) has an interesting take on the Preston Sturges classic Sullivan's Travels (1942). I don't agree with her overall assessment (Travels is one of my very favorite films) but she certainly makes some salient points with her essay. That's why I enjoy reading her posts so much; even when I disagree I'm always a better person for taking the effort to have perused them in the first place.

1 comment:

Stacia said...

Ivan, I never properly thanked you for the shout-out, which was terrible of me. Thank you, your kind words were (and are) much appreciated.

Since I just wanted to check in and see how you were doing (and thank you for your recent eBay DVD sale! yay!) I figured this was the best post to do it in.

Hope you have a good holiday weekend!