Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy birthday, Snip!

I don't know if she's reading this (my guess is "Probably not") but I did want to give a shoutout to my sister Debbie, who's celebrating her birthday today. (As my parents used to say ad nauseam, "She was a late firecracker.")

I'm too much of a gentleman to reveal her age but let's just say she's as old as Jack Benny and leave it at that. Her daughter (my niece) Rachel's birthday comes later this month...she'll be eight years old.

Happy boithday, Deb!


Pam said...

Happy Birthday, Deb. You don't know me, but I know you! And to Peanut, too.

Was "Snip" a nickname?

Ivan G. Shreve, Jr. said...

Yeah...Ed Beaumont (Alan Ladd) calls Opal Madvig (Bonita Granville) that in The Glass Key (1942), so I did the same with Deb about ten years ago. I thought it was cute.