Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Somewhere there should be…for all the world to see…

I just realized when I saw this article this morning…

Bronze Fonz now an 'Ayyyy'-list celeb in Milwaukee

...that Jim Leeds at Jim’s Journeys asked me a while back how old the “Fonz” was, and I never got around to responding to his query.

Henry Winkler, the actor who played Arthur Fonzarelli on the long-running sitcom Happy Days, is 62…he’ll turn 63 in October.

Anyway, the above piece announces the erection of a statue (perhaps I could have phrased that better) in Milwaukee, WI in honor of the famous TV character. It’s the work of the folks at TVLand, and while it’s a nice gesture you’d think they could spend their time much, much better by concentrating on removing those hideous “new” series and movies from their schedule.

Okay. Rant over.

No comments: