Saturday, December 6, 2008

You’re Gonna Change (or I’m Gonna Leave)

Yes, I’m trumpeting the new look here at Thrilling Days of Yesteryear, and I have to say I’m pluperfect pleased with the result. Don’t get me wrong—I liked the old template very much, but there was something about it that…wasn’t…quite…right. Then I checked out the new header (that image with Randolph Scott takes my breath away) at Illusion Travels by Streetcar, the must-read film blog composed by my very good friend Tom Sutpen and I asked him if there was anything he could do for me seeing as how I was somewhat technologically-challenged. To my surprise, he fiddled around with tubes and wires and beakers and test tubes and the like and voila! The end result is at the top of the page.

Thanks again for the contribution, Tom. You are a prince among bloggers.

4 comments:

Brent McKee said...

Damn, that looks good (Jack Benny right?). I'd love to try something like that if I can figure out images for it.

Bill Crider said...

I like it!

Pam said...

I love it! Even the left-handed violin. Somebody flipped that negative somewhere along the line.

Of the many "looks" you've had over the years, I must express my appreciation that you have never had a black background. Or tiny fonts. Or both. I've never figured out why people use dark backgrounds and light-colored print. Especially sites designed to be read. I suppose it's the perceived cool factor. Maybe cool in 1995. The sad fact is they are only hard to read! When I come across one of those sites I usually just keep going. Occasionally I will try. I get through one paragraph and move on.

OK. That's my rant du jour. Your site looks great!

HouseT said...

Good. Now you can stop "observing" how my site is similar to yours... er, ahem...

That is to say, the site looks really good. Yes, that's exactly all I meant to say.