Friday, January 16, 2009

DVR-TiVo-Or whatever recording device strikes your fancy-Alert!

TCM is going to show the 1934 Thelma Todd-Patsy Kelly two-reeler Three Chumps Ahead at 3:11am EST (between The Terror of Tiny Town [1938] and The Unholy Three [1930]) early Saturday morning. I haven’t seen it, but the IMDb lists Benny Baker, Eddie Phillips, Frank Moran, Ernie Adams, Ernie Alexander, Harry Bernard, Billy Bletcher and Baldwin Cooke in the supporting cast; TCM describes the plot as “Thelma falls for a gentleman but Patsy has her doubts.” Hey…it’s a Todd-Kelly short—what else needs to be said?

4 comments:

Sam said...

YEEEAH....If I'm gonna TIVO anything, it's gonna be "Terror of Tiny Town" and "Freaks". I don't know about this fascination you have with Thelma Todd, but it's not my thing, man.

Ivan G. Shreve, Jr. said...

(*sigh*) I blame myself...I should have had that talk with you a loooong time ago.

comicsnstories said...

I like Thelma because she's a great comedic talent and super, super hot.

Craig Zablo said...

I'd already set the DVR for "Terror of Tiny Town" (I might make it through the whole thing some day) and "The Unholy Three" (always worth another watch).

Glad to see we're on the same page!