Monday, February 2, 2009

What a prince of a chap!

Apparently my frequent snide-and-sarcastic asides directed toward Robert Osborne have been taken by the TCM host in good stride, because I just received this in the mail:

As luck would have it, this special event is sort of out of my jurisdiction—and despite Bobby Osbo’s acceptance of what I can only assure him is good-natured ribbing, I’m pretty sure he’s not going to pony up the scratch for a round-trip ticket to allow me to hobnob with him and Ms. Hedren.

So I’m passing it along to you. If you do go and say “hidy” to him, give him my best.

3 comments:

Vince said...

It's too bad this is out of your bailiwick, because I went when Bobby O. and Ms. Hedren did this in Seattle a few years back and had a lovely time.

Jay said...

You want to catch a glimpse of Robert Osborne's short-lived acting career, a profession he briefly entertained before turning to journalism? Watch the pilot episode of The Beverly Hillbillies. Bob Osborne can be seen as "Taylor," the bank employee Mr. Drydale is talking to when his wife interrupts with a phone call to tell him that the Clampett estate has been invaded by a band of outlaws.

Scott C. said...

Hmmm! That's just down the street...