Friday, March 13, 2009

Absolutely fabulous

Good news everyone! I’ve been given the prestigious award to the left by my good friend Bill Crider, and all I have to do is pass it along to five equally fabulous blogs—who will, in turn, pass it along to others…then again, perhaps not.

As always, there is red tape, paperwork, and rules:

You must include the person that gave you the award, and link it back to them.

You must list 5 of your Fabulous Addictions in the post. You must copy and paste these rules in the post. Right click the award icon & save to your computer then post with your own awards. To my way of thinking, this is not only a nice tribute, it widens the reading audience.

Naturally, it’s quite difficult for me to choose just five from the voluminous TDOY blogroll because I consider each and everyone a bad mutha in their own right. Therefore, I narrowed it down to the five blogs which had the most profound influence on me when I took my first baby steps in the blogosphere:

Blog D’Elisson

If Charlie Parker Was a Gunslinger, There’d Be a Lot of Dead Copycats

The Real Sam Johnson Show

Something Old, Nothing New

World O’Crap

As to my five addictions:

1) Classic movies

2) Classic television

3) Old-time Radio

4) Kentucky Fried Chicken

5) Reese’s Pieces

4 comments:

Pam said...

Reese’s Pieces? After all these years...I had no idea.

Ivan G. Shreve, Jr. said...

Well, I have to have some sort of mystery, don't I? My life not only seems like an open book, it's the one everybody takes to the reading room for their constitutional.

Elisson said...

By "reading room," do you mean...

...Ahh. OK. Yeah. I feel the same way about mine...

Sam said...

Oh, my! I'm late picking up my award! Wow, It's lighter than I thought! Hello, georgious!

Let just thank all the fools I suffered over they years, then ones that really pissed me off so much that their actions hd to posted on the intranets for all to see. I'd like to thank my agent, Bernie who told me that freedom isn't free and it costs a buck-oh-nine. I'd really, REALLY like to thank the readers who keep me on my toes about the blog, which is ten readers for all the toes. Most of all, I'd like to thank Jesus for everything he's done for me:The gardneing, washing my car, picking up my laundry, et al. If I hadn't have bought him out of that Mexican donkey show, I'd be a mess right now.

Thanks, Ol' Pal. This was needed. Now I have to find at least five blogs on my site that update themselves more than a month so I can give them this one day.

They're playing me out now. I thought I had time to thank Scientology and all that...