Monday, March 16, 2009

Missed it by THAT much…

So I’m poking through the new releases listed at DVD Price Search, and I come across an entry for a film entitled The Uninvited. My heart skips a beat, as the late, great Buck Owens used to sing, because this classic 1944 film (with Ray Milland, Ruth Hussey and Gail Russell) is one of the Holy Grails of Films Not Available on DVD. It’s even listed as being released by Paramount and its category is “Horror, Mystery/Suspense.”

So I click on the entry to find out when it’s going to be released. The street date is April 28, 2009…except there’s just one little snag. It’s the 2009 film with the same name, starring Emily Browning, David Strathairn, Elizabeth Banks and Arielle Kebbel.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking…

Oh, well…TVShowsOnDVD.com has an announcement that the fifth series of Last of the Summer Wine will be released on Region 1 DVD June 9th. Things are looking up.

2 comments:

Pam said...

If my nephew is any indication, the 2009 The Uninvited is beloved by 13 year olds everywhere. Not your kinda flick.

Ivan G. Shreve, Jr. said...

Not your kinda flick.

When the only "name" in the movie I recognize is TDOY fave David Strathairn, that's a sure tip-off that it's not my "kinda flick."