Monday, March 30, 2009

Sometimes a meme-ory ain’t enough (with apologies to Jerry Lee Lewis)

Well. I’ve been putting this off for most of the day and I guess now’s as good a time as any to respond to the latest meme passed on to me by Craig Zablo at Zablo’s Zone. Here’s the small print:

The Rules
1) Link to the person who tagged you.
2) Post the rules on your blog.
3) Write six random things about yourself.
4) Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5) Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6) Let the tagger know when your entry is up.

These are always hard for me because most of the random things about myself have already cropped up in the history of posts here at TDOY. Which means now I have to come up with six new random bits of trivia. Well, here goes:

1) I can eat my entire weight in ice cream…except I get one hell of a headache afterward.

2) When I was in the fourth grade, I had to have an emergency appendicitis – my appendix burst and it was touch-and-go with the resulting peritonitis for a bit.

3) The only kind of pasta I can eat is angel hair, vermicelli or any sort of thin spaghetti. Any other variety produces a gag reflex (yeah, like you needed to hear that one).

4) The furthest I’ve been West in these United States is Texas. I’ve also never traveled outside of the country.

5) My favorite cocktail is a vodka rickey (vodka, lime juice and club soda). Good luck finding a bartender who can make it properly.

6) I have never been married nor have I ever contemplated doing so…and I most definitely won’t be bringing any kids into this world. Grateful individuals need to make certain the checks are made out to Ivan G. Shreve, Jr.

As for 4 and 5…well, I’m sorry to have to be what the French call “pooper de partie” but this portion of the meme stops here—I see the ice cream truck pulling up in the drive.

1 comment:

Craig Zablo said...

LOL! Thanks for taking part. It was the first time I'd ever been tagged... so consider yourself "lucky" to have been on the first that I ever tagged.

Now where is that ice cream truck?