Monday, April 20, 2009

I’m a baaaaaad boy…

Shortly before April 6, 2009, I awoke and sat straight up in my bed here at Rancho Yesteryear because I remembered that I neglected to “program” the daily comic strips I post here on the blog (I usually do about a week’s worth in advance). Unfortunately, the siren known as Laziness began singing her sweet, seductive song and I rolled over, telling myself all the while that I’d just get up before 8:30 and do it in the morning.

As you can see, this is the first post I’ve written since the sixth, so I guess we can all agree that didn’t quite go off as planned. I have found that part of blog maintenance is writing something everyday. If I let a day or two go by—well, then it’s pretty much hopeless by then. Getting back into regular blogging usually takes either a major miracle or concerned individuals e-mailing or leaving comments asking what undisclosed location I’m currently partying in.

I’d like to honestly say that I got a lot quite a bit accomplished during my sabbatical—but since the key word here is honestly I can assure you that the only thing that resulted from my blogging holiday was me reveling in my bone laziness. I had a couple of outside projects to work on (both of which didn’t need a computer) and right now I’m in the process of throwing a few things up on eBay so that I can pay the bills this month (I hope to have this completed by this evening, 11pm EDT). I just wanted to apologize for not putting out a “Gone Fishin’” sign (as suggested by Scott C. at World O’Crap) and in addition to Scott thank Jim Leeds (Jim’s Journeys), Ray (Flickhead), Vince Keenan and faithful TDOY readers Dan and Mike for checking up on me.

Update: I didn't notice until 4 this afternoon that I posted this darn thing twice (I was having some problems last night, and didn't see the duplication) and when I eliminated the duplicate I ended up deleting Harry Hauser's comment in the process. Therefore, I did a little nip n'tuck and added his two cents to the commentary below.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just happy to know all's well. Lazy is good from time to time to time to time.

Flickhead said...

Whew! Welcome back!

Ivan G. Shreve, Jr. said...

This comment was originally posted by broadcastellan:

Two weeks? That's just the average nap for me. Welcome back.

HouseT said...

Judging from what I've seen and experienced myself, I think April may have unofficially been "Lazy Slacker Month" or something.

Laura said...

Welcome back! Was optimistically hoping maybe you'd gone on a vacation...well, you kind of did! :)

Best wishes,
Laura

Toby O'B said...

Now I feel guilty for not checking in; kept thinking about it, but I'm always worried I might stumble into "too personal" territory.

And then there was the idea that unlike me, you actually had a life that took you away from us.

But I was checking the site often, hoping for that next nugget of nostalgia....

Linda said...

Well, glad you are okay. [In best BIG JAKE supporting character voice: "I thought you was dead."] [Ivan in best John Wayne voice: "Not hardly."]