Friday, May 15, 2009

“I can’t find my blog on the Web, where is it?”

If you click on this link to Rodney Bowcock’s Comics & Stories, a blog featuring material from the voluminous comic book collection by the titled comics enthusiast, you’ll end up getting an error message that’s the equivalent of that annoying “(series of beeps) We’re sorry…the number you have reached (number sequence) has been changed…to an unlisted number.” What this all boils down to is one of my favorite people has decided to hang up his blogging guns and find honest work for a change.

“There are plenty of other places to read ancient comics about talking ducks,” Mr. Bowcock explained in a statement I shamelessly swiped from Facebook. Maybe so, but since the cancellation of Comics & Stories I’ve really been jonesin’ for a Little Lulu fix. I stopped by the blog offices to speak with Rodney and chatted briefly with a man named Ernesto who seemed to be a bit of a suspicious type, as he insisted on communicating only through the peephole. Ernesto claimed not to know a “Mr. Botox” and threatened to call the police if I didn’t move along.

So…R.I.P. Comics & Stories…you will be missed.

No comments: