Thursday, July 2, 2009

Soup is good food

According to Mark Evanier, there is an old Internet custom whereupon an individual who’s “too busy to post on the weblog or answer most e-mail” indicates this status by putting up a picture of Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom soup. Since I personally loathe cream of mushroom, I have decided to substitute a photo of Campbell’s Chicken & Stars—a bisque that’s a bit more to my liking. I’m not busy in the one-armed paperhanger sense, but the fields of TDOY are likely to be fallow over the next few days, and I figured a heads-up would be in order.

My sister Debbie, her husband Craige and my niece Rachel will be flying in this evening from Des Moines to spend the holiday weekend with us, which is why I’ll be away from the computer for a bit. I’ve programmed some of the regular TDOY comic strip features (Life Lessons, When worlds collide) to run during my absence, and if I get a spare moment I may drop in with some color commentary about their visit. So until that time, enjoy the peace and quiet and if you’re not too busy, check out the fine sites in the “Recommended Blogs” for all of your classic movie, pop culture and political needs.

5 comments:

Pam said...

Oh... the whole fam in one place! Let the zaniness begin. Can't wait.

Craig Zablo said...

Have fun!

faustina said...

Yum! Chicken and Stars! I haven't had that for a few years now. I tend to concentrate on soups with whole grains, low fat, low sodium... still tasty, but, alas, no stars. Whay can't fiber have fun shapes??

Ivan G. Shreve, Jr. said...

Campbell's has the "fiber with fun shapes" on the drawing board, but the test campaign for "Chicken and Colons" didn't do as well as they hoped.

HouseT said...

Oh, sure. I run across the perfect indicator that I'm slacking off right when I'm getting ready to start slacking off. And on top of that, I can't even be a rebel with a different can, because you already did that. Man!

But enjoy your weekend.