Saturday, April 24, 2010

Play it again, Sam

One year ago today, Samuel Marquieth Johnson left this world for a far better place…but as an unfortunate side effect, also emptied the hearts of the individuals who loved and cherished him as a true blue friend and “soul brother.” I didn’t know Sam as long as some of his other friends and neighbors, but as I wrote in his online guest book at the time: “I consider myself a richer individual for having made his acquaintance.”

I still continue to believe this, as well as the simple inarguable fact that Sam Johnson was a giant among men. He was, as Tonto of The Lone Ranger fame so succinctly put it, my “kemosabe”—and though I still find myself saddened every now and then by his passing, a smile comes to my face when I think about him fixing bacon-oriented delicacies in the Kitchen of the Great Beyond.

Requiescat in pace, buddy. You are still sorely missed.

Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

HouseT said...

Amen, brother.

faustina said...

Amen to that. I miss the man and his special brand of goofiness greatly. Glad you're on the mend, Ivan.