Thursday, April 29, 2010

“Stop writing about me on the blog!”

The above is a direct quote from none other than my sainted mother, who was not amused to learn that she recently became the subject of a post on Twitter:

Author's mother watched TALL TARGET (1951) and said there were “too many people falling off trains.”

Needless to say, she is not nearly as accepting of the limelight as yours truly. Anyway, I thought I’d take a spare bit o’bandwidth to note that the Warner Archive is currently running a select “widescreen” sale: over fifty of their titles are being spotlighted in a “Buy 3 for $39.95 plus free shipping” promotion that I simply couldn’t resist passing up—particularly since I was also able to use a $5 off coupon in the process. So the films Tribute to a Bad Man (1956), Party Girl (1958) and Skin Game (1971) will soon be winging their way towards Rancho Yesteryear next week.

And Warner Archive: enough with the promotions already. I’m not made of money and we’ve already established that I’m weak and powerless to resist.

Bookmark and Share


Pam said...

Pretty cool that Warner is monitoring your blog.

You'll have to come up with a pseudonym for Mom. Perhaps moM.

Jeff Overturf said...

"Public demands 'MORE MOM' is blogs!"

Tell her that's a healine in USA Today or something.

Stacia said...

Nooooooooo not a sale *wails, gnashes teeth, rends garments*

I haven't seen "Skin Game" since I was a kid and it played on the local TV station every Sunday afternoon. And "Money Trap" is there. And "Razorback". RAZORBACK.

These DVD sales are my kryptonite AND my great white whale.

Ivan G. Shreve, Jr. said...

And "Money Trap" is there.

And the second I saw that listed, I thought of you. And Vince Keenan.

Oh Crap said...

Party Girl still rox my whir-eld.