You may have noticed in the comment section that J. Kingston Pierce, editor of the invaluable The Rap Sheet (not to mention Limbo—how low can you go?) has channeled his inner Stevie Wonder and bestowed upon myself and Thrilling Days of Yesteryear the coveted “You Are the Sunshine of My Life Award.” It is indeed a prestigious honor, and many thanks go out to Mr. P for choosing this ‘umble blog—particularly since I can use the $1.4 million to alleviate some of my major financial woes. (Note: Someone has just pointed out to me that the cash award I mentioned goes to recipients of the Nobel Prizes—apparently the only perk Sunshine winners get is a coupon for free tater tots at Sonic, America’s Drive-In. But you can see how easy it is to get the two confused.)
Well, enough of the gratuitous back-patting. Here are the rules governing the award:
1. Put the logo on the blog within your post.
2. Pass the award on to 12 bloggers.
3. Link to the nominees within your post.
4. Let the nominees know they have received the award by commenting on their blogs.
5. Share the love and link to the person from whom you received
The Sunshine Award is bestowed upon those blogs whose “contagious positivity and creativity inspire others in the blogging universe.” With the H1N1 scare in full force, I’m not certain “contagious” is the wisest choice of words to use here…and furthermore, it’s really hard to choose just twelve blogs when I have so much admiration for all of the ones listed on the TDOY blogroll. But I’m willing to give it the old college try, in no particular order:
1. Greg Ferrara, Cinema Styles
2. Elisson, Blog D'Elisson
3. John McElwee, Greenbriar Picture Shows
4. Toby O'Brien, Inner Toob
5. Tom Sutpen, et al., If Charlie Parker Was a Gunslinger...
6. Stacia, She Blogged by Night
7. Vince Keenan, VinceKeenan.com
8. Matt Hinrichs, Scrubbles.net
9. Doniphon, The Long Voyage Home
10. Raquelle, Out of the Past - A Classic Film Blog
11. Farran Smith Nehme, Self-Styled Siren
12. Laura Wagner, And Then I Watched
Again, for those outstanding bloggers I had to leave off the list, I offer my humblest apologies—but when you stop and think about it, memes like this insure that sooner or later everybody will get one of these awards. (Sorry about the cynicism…but it’s true.) Again, many thanks to Jeff and The Rap Sheet for this singular honor!