Saturday, May 8, 2010

“I’d like to thank all the little people…”

John Glenn Taylor of Easily Mused—a blogger who, I’m happy to say, has been positively recuperating from health-related issues of his own—bestowed the above award to myself and Thrilling Days of Yesteryear, and I am truly honored. So much so that I’m going to forego the usual long-winded speech about how it all began at a small 5000 watt radio station in Fresno, California…partly because it all began (for me, anyway) at a small 1000 watt radio station in Ravenswood, West Virginia.

All seriousness aside…recipients of this award are to:

You must thank the person who has given you the award. (check)

Copy the award logo and place it on your blog. (check)

Link the person who has nominated you for the award. (check)

Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.

As an infamous cartoon rabbit once observed, “Oh, I’m so unimportant.” But I’ll give it my best shot.

1) I am currently working on a project in which I will watch one episode of Mayberry R.F.D. a week and write about it on the blog. (I’m not making this up, by the way.)

2) I don’t like bananas…but I love banana bread.

3) I’m the only individual in the entire universe who has not seen Avatar (2009).

4) Yesterday, my mother mistakenly put oil and vinegar on my dinner salad…and to be honest, it wasn’t that bad.

5) I’m convinced that the reason why Chuck Cunningham disappeared from Happy Days is that he was murdered by Arthur “Fonzie” Fonzarelli in an episode that has yet to see the light of day.

6) I think that if angels have singing voices, they all sound like Alison Krauss.

7) When I am elected to high office, television “reality shows” will be outlawed under penalty of death.

Nominate 7 other Kreativ Bloggers.

Toby O’Brien, Inner Toob

Jeff Overturf, Inside Jeff Overturf’s Head

Rick Brooks, Cultureshark

Jaime Weinman, Something Old, Nothing New

Stacia, She Blogged by Night

Matt Hinrichs, Scrubbles.net

Jim Kitt, The Public Reader Daily Magazine and Web Guide

Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate. (check)

Leave a comment on each of the blogs to let them know they have been nominated. (check)

Sell all your worldly belongings, shave your head, and swear total allegiance to the all-powerful Lettuce God, Icebergeron.

Heathen! There is no other deity than the FSM!

Okay, enough of this frivolity. There might be a serious post tomorrow. (Though I wouldn’t make book on it.)

Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

Linda said...

1. Okay. I used to watch Mayberry RFD.
3. Do not fear. You have two other people in this household that have not seen Avatar. And have no interest in doing so, either.
7. I will count that days until you are elected to high office.

Oh Crap said...

I saw where Avatar is now on DVD. There's no point in seeing Avatar in any format other than 3-D in the theater. So I'm told. I wouldn't know. I may never find out.

Jeff Overturf said...

Thanks again for the nomination Ivan...see my post at http://jeffoverturf.blogspot.com/2010/05/much-sought-after-and-highly-coveted.html

Amanda Cooper said...

Congratulations, Ivan!

I haven't seen Avatar either, so you're not alone. Also, the other four members of my family haven't seen it. So there are a FEW other people in the world who don't understand what the big fuss is about.

About #6: Amen! Although... are you sure a few don't sound like Deanna Durbin?

Glad you're feeling better and hanging around the blog again!