Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Sister Suffragette

My good friend from across the pond, Matthew Coniam, has a post up at his Movietone News blog about one of my very favorite actresses (if memory serves me correct, she made my list of beloved female thesps many posts ago): Glynis Johns. Matthew concentrates a good deal on the British films on Ms. Johns’ curriculum vitae, and the essay itself is a smashing good read.

He also posted the photo below, which is really the main reason why you’re reading this post. (Hey—I’m not above using this blog for my own personal pleasures, if you get my meaning.)

Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

Matthew Coniam said...

Ah, a fellow connoisseur I see!
Thanks for the link!
Matthew

Toby O'B said...

You scared me, Ivan! I see a picture posted on your site like this, or over on Bill Crider's site, and I'm thinking - that's it, that person's dead!

Glad to see it's a salute. My infatuation with her began in the mid-70s with the soundtrack album to 'A Little Night Music'...... It's that purr of a voice, but then getting the chance to see her.... I really need to track down some eps of 'Glynis' now.....

Vanwall said...

Loved her in "Perfect Strangers"

Jeff Overturf said...

Mmmmmmmm Mr's Spank Banks...