Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Happy birthday, Bill Crider!

My Facebook compadre Doc Quatermass reminded me via comment this morning that I left a very important personage off today’s birthday salute list. That’s him to your left, the gentleman who, despite being dressed to the nines, is about to terminate a group of punkass kids with extreme prejudice for committing the heinous act of trespassing on his lawn.

I know I have a tendency to joke about Bill on the blog a great deal, and the fact that he’s never seriously threatened legal proceedings against me just demonstrates what a great guy he is. Author, philosopher, gator fancier, sasquatch expert and tireless chronicler of both the injustices done to celebrity bimbette Paris Hilton and the latest celebrity to snuff it, Bill was one of the very first bloggers of note to link to TDOY, and for that I am truly grateful. (Though I’m reasonably sure he regretted it not too long after.) While I’ve never had the opportunity to have a face-to-face meet-and-greet with the man, I communicate with him via e-mails and Facebook to the point where I feel like I’ve known him all my life.

So happy birthday, my Texas chum—and many, many more to come hereafter.

Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Bill Crider said...

Many thanks, Ivan. As I recall, your blog had a different host back when I first discovered it, but it's been entertaining me ever since.