Friday, July 30, 2010

I can’t even begin to tell you how wrong this is…

The first time I heard about this project was during my convalescence in the hospital—and I’m going to be honest…I thought maybe the medication was playing tricks on me. But apparently this is a go, and while I’m sort of relieved that Dan Aykroyd is only doing the voice of the smarter-than-the-average-bear (at first I had a vision of the former Ghostbuster in Jim Carrey-like Grinch makeup…an image you do not want burned onto your retinas) he sounds as much like Yogi as I do singing like Alison Krauss. (Dan, “average” is pronounced as if it has three syllables…)

Hobbyfan at The Land of Whatever talks about why motion picture studios continue to thick-headedly greenlight live-action films with cartoon characters (despite the fact that the majority of them really bite) and longtime TDOY pard Jaime Weinman has both the trailer for the new movie and the opening for the Yogi Bear reboot that ran on Saturday mornings from 1991-92, Yo Yogi! at TV Guidance. (If you listen closely, that sound you hear is Daws Butler turning over in his grave.)

Bookmark and Share

6 comments:

Bill Crider said...

If the trailer's any indication, this is going to be truly awful.

Amanda said...

This is just soooo wrong. Why can't they just leave classics alone?

TheGreatWhiteDope said...

I'm with ya.

http://thegreatwhitedope.blogspot.com/2010/07/my-first-oh-my-god-no-post-of-2010.html

- TGWD

Jeff Overturf said...

shudder!

Java Bean Rush said...

I really feel bad for those relatively unknown voice performers who used to get a bigger percentage of these gigs. Now studios just want famous voices (and names), not necessarily the best actors.

Everyone suffers.

Linda said...

The additional vibration you hear is Bill Hanna and Joe Barbera, also turning in their graves.