Monday, November 1, 2010

Lionized


The Classic Movie Blog Association announced the winners of this year’s CiMBA awards this morning—and you may want to grab hold of a chair or a couch or something in disbelief, but Thrilling Days of Yesteryear was awarded a trophy for Best Film Review (Drama)—my piece on Targets (1968), posted last November as part of the Boris Karloff Blogathon hosted by Frankensteinia.  People who’ve either read this blog or know me in person are aware that I’m rarely at a loss for words but I was certainly speechless in this particular instance.  The CiMBAs are decided upon by fellow CMBA members, which mean in a nutshell that you are being paid tribute by your peers…so to all of them who voted for TDOY, I offer my heartiest and heartfelt thanks for this honor.  (To those of them who didn’t…well, perhaps you should take your hand out of the leftover Halloween candy before I have to call Security.)

The full list of the winners is here, but I’d like to congratulate my fellow CiMBA honorees as well: R.D. Finch at The Movie Projector, TheLadyEve and Paul2 at Classic Film & TV Café, Cliff “Skyscraper Soul” Aliperti at warren-william.com and Classicfilmboy at Classicfilmboy’s Movie Paradise.  The bar is now open!


Bookmark and Share

12 comments:

quizshowbob said...

Hey that's cool. Congrats!

Dawn said...

Congrats!! To a job well done!!!

Jacqueline T Lynch said...

Congratulations!

Java Bean Rush said...

Congratulations!

- Java

Rick29 said...

Ivan, THRILLING DAYS OF YESTERYEAR is a one-of-a-kind blog (and I mean that in a good way!). It was great to see that your fellow classic movie bloggers showered some praise your way--especially on your excellent review of the seldom-shown TARGETS.

John said...

Congrat! Old Boris would be proud.

VP81955 said...

From someone who went 0-for-4 in nominations (but isn't bitter about it -- honest!), congratulations. (And yes, I voted for you.)

Ivan G. Shreve, Jr. said...

@quizshowbob, Dawn, Java, Jacqueline, John and VP81955: Many thanks for the congrats--take some Kit-Kats and Reese's home to the kids!

@Rick29: I know my acceptance speech seems a bit self-deprecating...but that's just a lifelong defense mechanism because the name "Shreve" and the concept of "respectability" seldom go hand-in-hand. :-)

Stacia said...

Congrats!

Jeff Overturf said...

More power to ya, brother! I for one am not in the least surprised. This is easily one of the best thought out and executed blog out there, and you deserve any and all recognition you get!

Linda said...

Good show, Ivan!!!

Ivan G. Shreve, Jr. said...

Stacia, Jeff and Linda -- thanks for the well-wishes. This victory lap is for you (pant wheeze)...