Sunday, December 5, 2010

It’s post 2,000!

Since relocating to the suburbs of Blogspot in October 2007 after spending four year in the Salon Blogs ghetto, faithful reader of Thrilling Days of Yesteryear have been holding their breaths for substantive posts…and have seen such simple hopes and dreams crash to the ground in disappointment.  Be that as it may, this is my two-thousandth post here at the new location, and I think that calls for some sort of meaningless celebration.

But instead of just doing something lame like announcing “this is my 2,000th post” I thought I’d also pass along the news that for today and today only VCI is offering Volume 1 and 2 of the first season of Burke’s Law on sale at their website for the low, low combined price of $19.98.  Now, my position on split-season sets is known in every corner of the blogosphere so believe me when I say that this is a splendid deal—and to capitalize on it all you need to do is purchase both sets and use the promotional code BURKE to get your discount.  (Once again, if you’re thinking about shopping to get me a Christmas gift, I already have both volumes—but I sincerely appreciate the thought that went into it.)

Here’s hoping that VCI will get Season 2 off the ground in the coming year!


Bookmark and Share

7 comments:

Peggy said...

Congrats on #2000! And...I haven't said it lately, so....THANKS for reinstating the birthday lists!

Vince said...

2,000 is a nice, round number. Congratulations, Ivan!

Java Bean Rush said...

Congratulations.

This post reminded me of an episode of THE MARY TYLER MOORE SHOW. Mary discovers at her 1000th show celebration party that she forgot to count one sick day. She had produced only 999 shows and was, of course, mortified.
:)

Bill Crider said...

Congratulations on reaching another milestone!

Jean Howard said...

Congratulations on your 2,000th post, Ivan! I love reading your blog; your posts are always entertaining. Keep up the great work! :)

Jeff Overturf said...

2,000 down 2,000,000 to go!!!

Way to go Br'er Ivan!

The Lady Eve said...

2,000 - it boggles the mind! Congratulations (I'm impressed)!