Friday, February 25, 2011

Happy birthday, Mom!

Yes, it’s that time again—or as a famous musical pea picker once observed, “Another year older and deeper in debt.”  The most famous mother in blogdom* ticks off another birthday, which is why a scheduled post I had in the works for today is going to have to be bumped until next week.

My mother and father recently spent a little vacation here at Rancho Yesteryear hanging out as temporary roommates, and a delightful time was had by all.  We ate well (some of the menu items include the best baby back ribs I’ve eaten in a long time, Buffalo wings and filet mignons), watched a lot of local news and MSNBC (the ‘rents don’t sit down in front of TCM much…and I’m still waging a fruitless battle to get Mom to stop tuning into AMC) and just enjoyed each other’s company; I even saved my Dad $25 by helping him renew his real estate broker’s license online.  I spoke with Mom earlier today to see if she wanted to do anything this evening but she begged off; she and Dad have been laid up with a cold that he’s had for some time now…apparently he caught it from his grandson.  But don’t think that because celebratory plans have been postponed that you escape notice on the blog, Mother dear…happy birthday and I love you!

*This might be a slight exaggeration.

Bookmark and Share


Pam said...

Happy birthday, Mom!

faustina said...

Congratulations to your Mom for me, Ivan! What a great 3-generation picture!