Saturday, March 12, 2011

Let the wacky complications ensue!


Sister Debbie and husband Craige have graciously allowed their daughter (my niece) Rachel to journey from the wilds of I-o-way to the Peach State to spend her spring break with us…and to say that I am pleased by this turn of events would be a mild understatement.  We’re gonna have fun-fun-fun til’ her daddy takes the T-bird away; the ‘rents have planned a series of calendar events to entertain her and she’ll probably be up for a sleepover here at Rancho Yesteryear one night whereupon I’ll serve a nutritious dinner and then we’ll spend the evening watching wholesome Walt Disney animated film classics.

(SFX: needle scratch)


Yeah, right.  I’m breaking out the Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies for this kid, and fill her so full of pizza and Pepsi Throwback and candy that all she’ll talk about when she gets home is how much fun she had at Uncle Ivan’s.  (I’m full-on corrupt!)  Anyway, if you’re curious as to why the blog will remain dormant for the next few days, that’s probably the reason why.  For those of you still fortunate to enjoy such vacational pleasures, have a great spring break, everyone!

Bookmark and Share

5 comments:

Stacia said...

Wow, I haven't thought of spring break for years. Now I'll have to look up to see when the lovely college students are out of town.

Have a good one! We'll be here when you get back.

Jacqueline T Lynch said...

Sounds like fun. Everybody should have an Uncle Ivan. (I started laughing at "nutrious dinner". I have a feeling that time-honored phrase is always going to set me off now.)

Pam said...

Have a great time! I have no doubt this will be a spring break long remembered by a certain Peanut.

Elisson said...

Spring break watching Looney Tunes with Uncle Ivan? Sign me up.

heydave said...

Hey, I too am from Ioway, and that break sounds like insane fun!