Friday, May 13, 2011

Man, what a crazy dream…

…but it all seemed so real.  I remember talking on the blog about how I wasn’t apparently competent enough to hook up a TV, cable box and DVD recorder and then I went on at great length about some blogathons that were going to be scheduled by various friends and colleagues of Thrilling Days of Yesteryear.  And then of a sudden…POOF!  It all vanished.

That’s it for me.  No more chocolate-covered pretzels before bedtime.

(Okay, this is just my way of coping with the fact that the glitch discovered by Blogger during their maintenance yesterday ended up eating Thursday’s post…and though they swear they’re going to make things right I have an unshakable feeling of foreboding doom…)

Bookmark and Share

6 comments:

Clara said...

I KNOW! Ivan, this is so frustrating, I also published a post and people left great comments, and now they're all gone! I don't want to post anything soon, what if they delete it again? Not a dream, a nightmare, really.

Bill Crider said...

It's still there in my Google Reader feed. If it doesn't return, let me know, and I'll copy it and send it to you.

Ivan G. Shreve, Jr. said...

Bill:

Thanks for the offer -- but as you can see, it wasn't a dream after all...it's real, damn it!

Clara:

You might have to take this cumo graino salto but my understanding is that Blogger is making an attempt to resurrect the posts that got erased...but with a gazillion blogs out there it might be a while.

Rich said...

I never realized how many blogs I follow were on Blogger until this happened!

Yvette said...

GAK!! (That's me trying to swallow a hair ball.) I had the same problem, Ivan. My blog was down from Wednesday. Wasn't behaving so great on Tuesday either. At first my posts disappeared. But after a while they came back. So yours might as well. Hope springs eternal.

Yvette said...

Oh, you got a new background. Cool!