Monday, November 17, 2014

Rain delay


I’m not going to lie to you: I have outside projects vying for my time like so many gentlemen callers, but a great deal of the blame for their presence in my inbox can be placed at my feet…because when the weather starts to get a bit cooler (while we’re more fortunate than a goodly portion of the Lower 48, it’s still wet and nasty out) I start to adopt the habits of your common garden variety slug.  Seriously—you should hear my Mom bitch about it.  (“Must you track up my nice clean kitchen floor with that trail of slime?  Honestly!”)

I did manage to fulfill my obligation to The British Empire in Film Blogathon, but for the next few days I’ll be occupied with a couple of ClassicFlix reviews that I’ve left lying around in a state of unfinished and a Radio Spirits blog commitment (in the meantime, the RS blog features my review of The Phantom Thief [1946], one o’them Boston Blackie pictures) so I had to postpone our (ir)regularly scheduled installments of Serial Saturdays and Doris Day(s).  I hope to have something back on the blog by the end of the week.

2 comments:

Rick29 said...

I don't care about no other stinkin' projects. What about your loyal fans at TDOY? Just joking, of course, but we do miss your posts. And remember, sleep is overrated.

Ivan G Shreve Jr said...

And remember, sleep is overrated.

LOL..."Sleep is for fools and poppinjays!"